Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 8, 2008


Hey everyone!

Well, the white cells hit 1200 today!!! Yippee!!! Nice going everyone!

The chemo is officially going to begin today. The start of the second Consolidation series! The beginning of the 3rd month. SO... now we are back on "days". This will be day ONE and we will have four days in a row of IV chemo. The oncologist came in and said that because the one IV chemo can cause fevers, we will most likely be kept here until the 4th day is over. Which is fine by me. I would rather be here having them monitor her fever over playing the thermometer game at home and making a middle of the night ER visit. Alex is even in agreement on this issue. Before they start the chemo this afternoon, they pump her full of fluids at a fast rate... like 3 bags worth... I guess this type of chemo can damage your kidneys if you aren't getting rid of fluids constantly. Hopefully they will begin soon so the effects of the fluids don't take us into the middle of the night.

The chemo treatment is pretty much a non-event. They hook it up to the IV pole that is already hooked up to her and it only runs over 30 minutes two different times. BUT, with that said, I can't tell you how scary, and emotional it is to sit there and watch this poison run into my baby... even though it is necessary for her to get better.

Last night was very nice... My mom came up and visited and it allowed me to go to dinner with Dan. He took me to the Market Street Grill, and I had a real dinner... with fish and chowder... and of course, for those of you who really know me... BREAD!!!! And a nice glass of wine!

Also... the CT scan results were good. I think another department has to read over them also, but the doctor said that he didn't see any fungal balls... and everything else looked good. So YAE!!

I hope everyone can send really good thoughts and prayers today... good nausea thoughts... (it would be lovely if we could get another day of white blood cells too before they plummet)

No comments:

Post a Comment