Saturday, January 12, 2008

January 12, 2008 - Home at last, home at last!


Day 5

Hi everyone!

Good news! We are home! That is why my update is a little late today. It has been a busy day. It takes FOREVER to get discharged. Alex is free from IV's (until Tuesday) and home resting. Her counts even went back up to 3000 today and her temp was actually 98.5 an hour ago!!! You guys are awesome at sending chilly vibes!!! I am going to enlist your help all the time!!!

I guess we don't qualify for in-patient rehab because you have to be able to withstand 3 hours of exercise during rehab and Alex can't do that. That leaves me wondering if she didn't have us, where would they send her next?? I thought in-patient rehab WAS exactly for people who weren't ready to go home... who need to get stronger? hmmmm... some things in this world I just don't understand. My world is CHUCK full of those things these days.

So the plan is... home until Tuesday (if the fevers stay gone) and then she will have one day in the clinic for IV chemo, and then 3 days of IV chemo at home... and guess what the fun part is??? I will be getting chemo certified so that I can administer this at home when she has these weeks where it is 4 days in a row. Oh, the things that I never thought I would be doing.

Please keep sending your cool vibes... your white cell vibes and MOST of all, some more energy vibes (and in the back of your minds, keep those lung thingy vibes in there too)... and I will update you on Tuesday unless there is something exciting to tell you all before then. Thanks so much for all your messages. I read them a few times a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment