Friday, January 4, 2008

January 4, 2008 - A drug gone wrong...

FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2008 7:35 PM, MST

Hi everyone. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that so many people are praying for us... and following Alex's story.

I am sitting here catching up on my "Friends" episodes. Thank God they never seem to get old for me. Alex is finally resting peacefully next to me. We tried a different anti-nausea medication today because NOTHING seems to be working, and she had a horrible reaction to it. I think it scared us both pretty bad. She became SUPER twitchy... squirming all over the bed in rapid movements... and crying while she was doing it. I quickly got the nurse and she explained that this happens with some kids... and that it was normal and not dangerous... Yeah... tell that to my heart! Dang!!! I think she has gotten all that through her system now. We won't be trying that one again. I really wish Alex would quit being so rare and different. Alex's feet have started to hurt also... something that can be caused by the Vincristine chemo medication. The fever is still holding strong today too, so our hopes of going home this weekend have probably gone out the window. Her ANC (good white blood cells) have stayed the same since yesterday. Not horrible, but I was really hoping they would double again. Maybe tomorrow. If they would come up, they could work on whatever is causing the fever.

I hope everyone has a great weekend... please pray for Alex. We need all we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment