Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2nd

Day 10

Good morning everyone. Well, it's been a pretty uneventful morning so far. Alex finished up her last dose of ARC (the chemo) about 10am. She tolerated this round of treatment very well. Especially when considering that she has received SO much poison over the last few days. I think because of the violently ill night she had last week she decided to forgo food until the treatment is over. I hope she feels like eating something today.

We are officially stuck in the hospital room until her counts recover. Her white blood cell count has officially hit zero and she has no infection fighters onboard at all. Her platelets are still pretty low so I am not sure, but I think she will get more of these soon. I can't see those numbers climbing at all.

Also it appears they are worried about some issues going on in the bathroom and are now going to test for C-Diff. Clostridium difficile, often called C. difficile or "C. diff," is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications. This is another reason we are stuck in the room. This is contagious and even the doctors wear gloves and gowns to come in Alex's room until these tests come back. Which I have been told takes a couple of days.

Other than that we are just hanging out. I do believe the neupogen shots start tomorrow. I will update on just what that means when I know.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers. We do appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment