Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2, 2010 - Day 2 in the Final Block

Hi everyone!

Well, there isn't really much to report on today. But for the sake of those that are really interested in Alex's day to day progress, here goes...

Alex did very well with her first doses of treatment last night. She had a decent night although being made to go to the bathroom every 2 hours wasn't oodles of fun. I really cannot believe someone has not invented an I.V. pole that is better than the things that are in use. REALLY?? After all the advances that have been made in the world of medicine... and we are still stuck with these stupid poles?? I think there is a conspiracy theory here somewhere :O)

Alex's doctor stopped in today to tell us about the lumbar procedure tomorrow. It's pretty similar to every other one she's had. This one will release slower into her system and hopefully do the trick. He also said that after he examines the results of this next procedure that he may want to do another MRI so he can see if there are other things showing up... We'll see.

After reading her protocol last night for this next and final block (called a Road Map) I saw that there was a new type of drug and dosing that takes place on Day 22. I brought it in with me today to talk to the doctor about it. My suspicions where confirmed. SO... on Day 22 she will arrive for a 3 to 5 day stay. She will get an infusion that will last over 24 hours... of straight IV chemo! This did not sound like fun! And guess what days those will be??? Thanksgiving week. How sad! Especially since this is Alex's favorite holiday. I am hoping I can bribe the doctor to let her start this treatment a few days early so she has a better chance of being home on Thanksgiving day. We'll see.

That's about all I have today. I will update tomorrow after her lumbar puncture with any new information.

Please send more ass-kicking bad cell vibes :o) We need them!


No comments:

Post a Comment