Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011 - It's Normal - Day 69

Hi everyone!

Sorry that I did not update last week. The week just blurred by in the most boring way possible. Sometimes I don't know how we can be so bored and be so busy at the same time.

Things here have been about the same and there really isn't much to report on. We have had 2 clinic visits since my last post and both visits have been about the same. Alex's blood counts continue to rise. Platelets are really stable, and just a few shy of normal. Her red and white count were awesome today. ANC was 3.800... THIS is amazing and NORMAL!!! YAY! At least we aren't hanging out worried about blood every day that we are home. That's great news. We have spent many a week wondering if we'd have to go in for blood transfusions and that is no fun!

Alex hasn't felt well at all this week. There isn't really anything to pinpoint, but she just hasn't been well. The doctors didn't seem at all concerned about this today. I know they would like to see her have a bit more energy but it's not there yet. I am hoping with better weather coming we can get out and walk a bit. It's hard to do anything when you can't go anywhere, ya know?

So, other than that, Alex is still on IV fluids at night. Her meds are still horrific, but a few have dropped off the daily menu which is good. I guess if there are no signs of graft vs host (GVHD) at day 100, they'll start reducing all the immune suppressants. This is what we want... although kind of scary at the same time.

Alex is still not eating much. It's a HUGE task just to get 500 calories in her a day. She is eating better than when she first came home from the hospital, but I just can't believe how slow the process is. I was expecting slow... but the day to day progress is not noticeable to the naked eye :0) Poor Alex is getting so frustrated with her condition that doesn't seem to change all that much. She has been pretty emotional this week. I am sure she is just so sick of being sick. I can't even begin to imagine how she feels everyday. I keep telling her that she needs a cup of coffee. She hasn't had a cup of coffee since December and I am pretty sure this is her magic pill. I think her whole body will perk up once she has a triple shot of my home brew :0)

Well, thanks for tuning in everyone. I will be better next week. Blogger isn't letting me load photos tonight for some reason so I will update with some new photos next week.

Have a great week everyone... and please send good vibes. We need to turn a corner around here. Hopefully all your positive vibes will boost Alex into feeling a bit better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment