Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008 - Radiation here we come!


Hi everyone! Well, Alex had her head mapping session today and everything went great. I was only allowed in for the first part and I was able to take a few pictures (updated). The techs took us all back into a CT room. They had lazers on her face and made some markings and put some form under her head that hardens up to exactly the shape of her head. After that they placed this plastic looking thing they took out of a hot water bath over her face. It was a waffle pattern looking thing... holes all over it, and then formed it down her entire face and head. There was a small hole for her nose, but there were little holes all over. This also hardens up after it dries. After this point we were asked to leave the room as they had to do a CT scan on her. I am not sure why, but I should have asked?? They said everything went well, and the radiation will start on Tuesday. Hopefully I will be allowed to take a few pictures of that procedure as well. I hope I am not the only nut that takes pictures of everything?? Someday Alex will be glad that I took all these, right? :o)

Oh... on the hair subject... Over the weekend Alex's hair started falling out like crazy again... in big clumps and it was stressing her out, so she just had me shave it yesterday. Dangit! She was a good sport about it, but I could tell she was bummed that it was going again. This should be the last time she loses it. SO... the red hair is gone and now she is back to smooth. She really does have a great head. It feels soooo good. I think she looks beautiful without hair. I am telling you, others aren't this lucky!

Thursday we are supposed to have home health come again and do a CBC at home to see if treatment continues on Friday. I am thinking she is going to be good to go. She is feeling GREAT and it has been such a nice two weeks. I wish we could stay in this mode for awhile longer.... but the show must go on. I will try to get some pictures on Friday as well, since she has a whole mess of things going on.

Thanks for tuning in for Alex's story. It really does mean a great deal to us. I will update again this weekend. Have a great Labor Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment